Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Silly Season is alive and well at The Office

Got into work Monday morning and took notice of the holiday decorations.  A few have been out, but a few more sprouted while I was off last Friday.  Years ago a friend of mine dubbed Halloween thru New Years as the silly season.  When the Halloween decorations came out, oh probably in August, he announced 'The Silly Season has begun!'  It stuck.

I was not a fan of the holidays for a good part of my adult life, for several reasons I won't go into now.  I used to resist it.  A lot.  Oh yeah, that helped!  Like it could be totally ignored.  I'm over it.  I like it now.  It's fun.  Maybe it's because I dress up my dogs?  Things change.

So at work, there are these little splashes of Christmas.  Little pockets of color.  I know I used to picture a government office as boring - on all levels.  This office is not boring.  The people are anything but boring.  I mean, it is Santa Cruz.  No short-sleeved white shirts and black ties.  Plenty of sitcom material goes on there.  And in a Finance department.  Who knew? 

So, here's a brief tour of some of the Silly Season at play in the office ...



My desktop. 
Tiny colored lights.
A couple of hams wearing antlers.












An accounting supervisor's office.  Evidently she breaks out this Charlie Brown tree every year.  And decorates it.  Sort of.

I heard those wrapped gifts are paper clip boxes.  

So sad.











Another accounting person.
Little LED-lit tree changes colors.
Yoda Clause. 
Christmas it is.
Merry we are.

She Can Do It! lives there year-round. 












Iron Butt on the backside

My boss hung this wreath on her door.  A plastic,inflatable wreath.  With suction cups that stick on the glass door.  Just kill me now.

Iron Man is a regular in her office.  He ends up in different places - upside down in lunch bags, napping on piles of papers, flat on his face on Monday mornings, and mostly just sitting up holding fruit.  If Iron Man's sitting on your desk, she wants you to bring him back to her office for a visit when you have time.

I saw the wreath, I stuck him in it.  He's been there for a week. 










As if one blow-up wreath wasn't bad enough, the Charlie-Brown-tree accounting supervisor decides she needs one, too.  And so there are two of these lovelies in the area.  ARGH!!  And she goes and hangs a Donny Osmond ornament on hers.  Don't ask.

Woman loves Donny Osmond.
He's plastered all over her office. 





Back to my desk.
Tiny display.
File folder for scale.
Boring by comparison, but awfully cute.
That's my tree this year.  :)












The Man



And not to be outdone, the new Buyer brings in her life-sized Santa and stands him next to her file cabinet.  She works next to him all day.
He just stands around ... evidently not concerned about his looming deadline.

If he moves when I walk by, I'll probably scream.











The Silly Season is here.

Last year's Bay Team trial silly set up

Happy Happy from the Merry Aussies!

No comments:

Post a Comment