Monday, July 11, 2016

Fr-r-reezing in July

Wait.  What?  Yeppers.  We trialed in Prunedale a couple of weekends ago and froze our ninnies off.  It was hot inland and up in the mountains at my house, but not in Prunedale.  No sireee.  It never warmed up.  Coastal fog ... also known by locals as an effective tourist repellant.  We wore jackets and hats and some of the dogs had their coats on.  What in the Sam Hill?

Of course we still had fun.  Rain or ice, we must agilitize.  It was the Bay Team's annual 3-day July 4th trial.  Vixen was in Team on Saturday with Liza/Jefe and Annette/Savvy.  Hefe's Harlots.  A BC, an aussie, and Jefe.  Tha man.  WE WON 2ND PLACE!!!  We proud.  Jemima, meanwhile, had the day off and enjoyed visiting and walkabouts and lounging around.

The rest of the weekend was also good.  And cold.  Jemima ran clean in all but one of her classes, little superstar - a Gamblers.  She sailed through the opening, got the tricky gamble, and then sailed off the a-frame a little early.  The judge's face fell.  Made me laugh.  So close!!  But she nailed the rest of her classes, and even got another Super Q in Snooker (the Q she once needed for her ADCH).  Huckleberry Agility.

Vixen had some fantastic runs and qualified in several, including two more of the once elusive Standard runs.  That's the way it always seems to work once you've earned an ADCH with the one class you've needed for a while.  They come rolling in when the pressure's off.  We even had a couple of 'zone runs.'  I often imagine how it would be if I actually trained.  Sheesh.


I rule this lap


Meanwhile, back at base camp ...

Erika brought her new puppy.

'Prima is my name.  Adorable is my game.'

There is nothing like an aussie puppy.










It's good to be loved



Little red girl.  What a cutie!!  She soon settled right into the busy-ness of a trial atmosphere.

Get used to it pumpkin!  You hit the jackpot with this family!














That was a bag of treats, right?


So I helped with the workers store this trial.  Several of us crate around it, creating a great little ringside village green.  (Our basecamp.)

After a run, I was on my way through toward the back where my set up was, when Vixen beelined for one of the tall chairs.

Well alrighteethen!  Mind the shop, missy.  I'm going to get lunch!









And meanwhile, back at the ranch - where it was warm - I had two AirBnB guests at my house during the entire trial.  Mother & daughter hiking duo, enjoying the redwoods.
They were great!
Happy to meet the pups, and even asked how they did at the trial.  
Well I'm happy to tell you ... how long do you have?


No comments:

Post a Comment