Sunday, March 27, 2016

Our Latest Santa Rosa Trip

It was a 3-day weekend.  The best!!!  Bay Team trial April 19/20 in Santa Rosa.  Futzed around the house, catching up with this 'n' that.  Finished packing the truck, loaded up the two-headed beast and headed to Santa Rosa Friday afternoon.

Stopped for a latte and saw this in my rearview.


Beauty rest required for the athletes

We fought some punishing traffic on our way.  It is the Bay Area.  It was Friday.

But got to cross my favorite bridge ever - the Golden Gate.  Love it, every time.

We made it to town and got our weary selves settled in. Woof.




Hi.  May I help you open a treat bag?


I sometimes get to help Mardee with the workers store.  Volunteers earn vouchers they can exchange at the store for fun stuff.  It's a busy place.  Huge inventory of goodies.





When it gets close to one of my dog's runs, I get her out of the comfort of the truck for a quick walk and practice, then settle in to watch for our 'marker dog' before heading to the ring.


Whoa



Jemima enjoys the view of the ring from her sweet suite seat.

'Yeah, I can do that better, amateur.  You just wait.'

Or ...

'Damn.  That was warp 10 fast. Better put my Nikes on.'











Here's a view of the front of the store.  Mardee decorated it with a Spring theme this time, complete with an Easter basket full of chocolate on the corner.  Look at those toys!  The dogs love to visit it, too, and often counter surf.  Toys!  Treats!  Toys!!  Treats!!  Chocolate!!!  NO CHOCOLATE FOR YOU!!!
What o' what shall I get??  I need to work more to get THAT!!! Oh the giddy-ness.


Frisbees and chewies and treats, oh my!!


Mardee & Vixen discussing strategies


It rained pretty steadily on Sunday and the temperatures dropped. Out came the fleece-lined raincoats.

Vixen's turn was coming up soon.  Be still my knocking knees.

These dogs aren't spoiled.  Not at all.












Hurry I'm smiling



Linda D offered us a shark toy.  A girl can never have too many sharks.  She saw it at a thrift store and snatched it up for Vixen. This guy is bad ass.

Two peas in a pod.  She looks innocent here, but just wait ...












By my calculations,Vixen needs one more Standard run to earn her Agility Dog Championship (ADCH).  Didn't get it Saturday, so the pressure was on Sunday.  On me, that is.  She's just out to have a little fun.  Almost got the brass ring this run!  So close!!!  One tiny bar toward the end.  Nonetheless, I was thrilled with this run!

You can hear the rain in this video - in between Vixenator opinions. 




The party's over.  Most had gone home, and a few stayed behind to help pack up the show.  The big pick ups rolled in to haul away the equipment trailers.  Awesome folks, all.

I hit the Starbucks drive-thru - OMG I LOVE THE DRIVE-THRU'S!!! - with the tired and happy beasties in the back enjoying their bully sticks, and Bruiser joining the dancing shark in front.  No one will mess with us.  

Go ahead.  Make our day.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment