Thursday, December 31, 2015

Reflections and Resolutions

Once again, my New Year resolution is to quit smoking.   




They're not resolutions exactly.  They're guidelines!

Seriously, I quit over 30 years ago (not on New Year's) and therefore know it will be a resolution I can complete.

If I can't measure it, chances are I won't keep it.  It'll just dissolve.  So no resolutions here.
Goals sometimes work - if I work them. 

Guidelines will do.  Dreams, too.
 



I do like these, though:  18 Resolutions You Won't Regret Making This Year.  There are some good guidelines in here.  I may even try a few of them.

Upon my year-end reflection, in spite of my no resolutions resolution, some good stuff happened in 2015.  Just so.





2015 Rembrances
Practiced gratitude
Walked, hiked, agilitized
Rode the bike
New roof

Enjoyed time with friends 

Had fun with the job









Johnny





Spent time with my beautiful family
Together we drummed up some big love
And sent my brother off on his next journey










 
My Road Dogs and Jr

Learned new agility stuff
Power Paws Camp
Long road trip - Tennessee or bust!
ASCA Nationals
Jemima rocked Finals
And in spite my my lack of a regular training schedule ...
Earned Vixen's Master Agility Dog (MAD) title in USDAA
Earned Jemima's ATCH-VIII in ASCA,
her PDCH-Silver and LAA-Gold in USDAA (bonus!)
And that is the icing!!!






So what would I like to call in for 2016?


Serene coziness
2016
Practice gratitude
Friends
Laughter
Trust the process

New deck and fence
More house insulation
Gas fireplace insert
Rav4?

Jennifer's world
 MO' MONEY!

Growth, gently please

Adventure, but not the flat tire kind
Travel
Nature
Get out more!

A trip to Wyoming to visit a friend & her aussies
<<And ride her horses across these hills  :)





 
I Heart Capitol Reef


Another magical medicine motorcycle journey would really be nice, even a short one

 Trigger wants to play

 Utah


We can do it!



A couple of shorter road trips
Work toward getting both dogs qualified
for both ASCA & USDAA Nationals
Oregon & Arizona, respectively









And my big fat dream?  Cleared, graded back yard, endless supply of mulch, agility equipment, and of course lights for the winter.  Send money. And a handsome guy with a great smile to help.  :)


And so we say a grateful goodbye to 2015, and welcome 2016 - one glorious day at a time.
And wish our friends and family a Happy New Year.  
Peace be the Journey.

We ready.

Bring on the black-eyed peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment